iQ is one of the largest providers of private purpose-built student accommodation (PBSA) in the UK - owning and operating all 70 of its sites. Acquired by Blackstone for £4.7b in the UK’s largest ever private real estate transaction in May 2020, iQ is now home to almost 30,000 students across 28 towns and cities. The company is a leading owner of student accommodation in thriving student cities including Sheffield, Leeds, Manchester and especially London, where iQ offers 7,064 beds across a wide range of accommodation options. Currently, 84% of iQ’ s property value is in Russell Group towns and cities with 52% in London. iQ Bloomsbury student accommodation London provides high-quality student accommodation in central London. iQ Bloomsbury provides 171 bedrooms spread over 8 floors. Most rooms are studio-type rooms, but there are 4 groups of cluster flats and 2 double bed flats.
The scope of works included:
- Installation of new ADV/Plus Range Analogue Addressable Fire Alarm Control Panel to act as a repeater panel in the main reception
- Extension of detection system to enhance protection in kitchens and include all riser cupboards over 1 square metre
- All new wiring installed using Enhanced grade fire-resistant cable
- Provision of Fire Alarm Zone Charts adjacent all Fire Alarm Control Panels in accordance with BS design requirements
- Relocation of existing Emergency Voice Communication Panel from cupboard to reception area for easy access