Under the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 (FSO) Article 21-(1), “The Responsible Person” must ensure that his employees are provided with adequate fire safety training.
All staff working in your premises should be given information and instruction as soon as possible after being appointed and regularly after that. Staff who work outside regular working hours, such as contract cleaners or maintenance staff, must be included.
Fire Safety Training is crucial as it can ensure that staff members understand the correct procedures if a fire breaks out. It should be repeated as often as necessary (recommended to be annually) and should take place during working hours.
Fire Safety Training should be more frequent if:
- You have a high turnover of staff
- Your people are responsible for the safety of hotel guests, vulnerable residents or patients
- There is a high risk of fire
Checklist for Responsible persons
- Have you told your staff about the emergency plan, including the identity of people you have nominated to do a particular task?
- Have you informed residents and guests about what to do in an emergency?
- Have you given staff information about any dangerous substances?
- Do you have arrangements for informing temporary or agency staff?
- Do you have arrangements for informing other employers whose staff are guest workers in your premises, such as maintenance contractors and cleaners?
- Have you coordinated your fire safety arrangements with other responsible people and any contractors in the building?
- Have you recorded details of any information or instructions you have given and the details of any arrangements for co-operation and coordination with others?
- Are the arrangements for calling the fire and rescue service adequate?
For over 40years, Fixfire® has been providing quality products, systems and services for Life & Property Protection. Whatever your requirement, please call our Compliance Team for expert advice and a refreshingly different approach.
- Hard copy
- Or preferably AutoCAD (dwg) format
For over forty years, Fixfire® has been providing quality products, systems and services for Life & Property Protection. Whatever your requirement, please call our Compliance Team for expert advice and a refreshingly different approach.
Freephone 08000 891999.