BAFE is UK independent registration body for Third Party Certificated fire safety service providers. It develops schemes based on defined quality standards and industry best practices for fire safety.
The Top 5 Reasons Why You Should Choose a BAFE Registered Company
1. Independently Assessed by Unbiased Assessors
All BAFE Registered Companies nationwide have been independently and regularly assessed to ensure their competence and quality of work.
- BAFE SP101 Service/Maintenance of Portable Fire Extinguishers: Third-party certificated by Independent European Certification
- BAFE SP203-1 Fire Detection and Alarm Systems (Design, Installation, Commissioning/Handover, Maintenance): Third-party certificated by BSI
- BAFE SP203-3 Fixed Gaseous Fire Extinguishing Systems (Design, Installation, Commissioning/Handover, Maintenance): Third-party certificated by BSI
2. Have Confidence In The Quality of Work and Service
Fixfire® undertakes completely voluntary assessments to ensure our team is delivering on our commitment to quality. It proves that our team members are skilled professionals to help you meet your compliance requirements.
3. Ongoing Proven Competence
BAFE Registered Companies are assessed annually, providing ongoing assessment of their competency with up-to-date relevant standards and best working practices.
As the “responsible person” for fire safety, you can prove your diligence by using a third- party approved service partner. Your insurers may also be interested in seeing this evidence, especially if you have to make a claim.
4. Maintain Compliance To The Latest Standards
BAFE scheme criteria for third-party certification are monitored and reviewed regularly by BAFE scheme working groups using industry experts to ensure they are always at the leading edge of the fire protection industry. This means these certification schemes remain the most up-to-date representation of quality and competency for specific fire safety services.
5. Recommended by Government and Fire and Rescue Services Across The UK
It is recommended by Government to use third-party certificated providers for fire protection services as "an effective means of providing the fullest possible assurances, offering a level of quality, reliability and safety that non-certificated products and services may lack" (GOV.UK Fire Safety Guidance Documents).
Fire and Rescue Services can also recommend working with certified providers.
By dealing with Fixfire® you will get the benefit from a company with proven competence and confidence that you are meeting all industry standards and regulations.
Freephone 08000 891999
Following the recommendations of BS5839 Part 1 2017 (Fire Alarm British Standard), it is a mandatory requirement to have an up to date, clear and accurate Fire Alarm Zone Chart adjacent to your Fire Alarm Control Panel and any repeater panels you have in your premises.
The purpose of the Zone Chart is to assist persons responding to an alarm to quickly identify the specific location in the building and to help the Fire Brigade understand the building layout before they enter.
The Zone Chart shows the division of each zone area with a ‘You are Here’ arrow to identify the position of the Fire Alarm Panel. The view of the building should be orientated in relation to the Fire Alarm Panel position to minimise confusion.
What is involved in producing a Zone Chart?
- Hard copy
- Or preferably AutoCAD (dwg) format
You have a legal duty of care to dispose of waste legitimately and safely via a licensed waste carrier. Failure to do so can result in prosecution, even if you have outsourced the disposal to a third party.
The Fixfire® Extinguisher Recycling Process is your reassurance that any Fire Extinguishers we remove from your premises have been disposed of in a safe and legal manner. 97% of each processed Fire Extinguisher is recycled.
Our contracted Extinguisher Recycling Unit (ERU) is a dedicated facility offering a service for the safe processing and recycling/disposal of fire extinguishers. The facility operates closely with the local Water Authority and the Environment Agency to develop safe, efficient and environmentally friendly processes, ensuring that ISO14001 certification is upheld.
Freephone 08000 891999
False Fire Alarms remain a huge concern within the education sector- interrupting already carefully scheduled, planned and well-prepared lessons or even causing major disruption and distress to exams.
Clearly, these false alarms cause significant inconvenience and disruption to students, staff, and visitors. They compromise everyone’s safety in the school and present a significant risk to the local community since the Fire Brigade will prioritise the school over other emergency callouts.
Solutions you should consider:
The first and most straightforward way is to use anti-tamper products.
Fixfire® supplies a wide range of solutions designed to protect Fire Alarm Devices from inadvertent damage or deliberate misuse/vandalism.
- Local plastic cover flaps which attach directly to manual call points.
- The stopper consists of a clear, tamperproof, tough polycarbonate cover, frame and spacer that retrofits over a break glass call point. When lifted to operate the break glass unit, its optional battery powered integral sounder emits a piercing 96dB (at 1m). Immediate attention is drawn to the area and a prankster will either run or be caught!
- A range of steel web stoppers designed to protect fire detectors and warning devices. They are constructed from heavy-duty galvanised steel rod which is plastic-coated for durability and external use.
- A range of polycarbonate enclosures are available for the protection of devices such as fire alarm control panels and associated control equipment. The enclosures combine tough rugged construction with stylish design and offer excellent protection with a key lock for authorised access.
We also provide anti-tamper devices for fire extinguishers and associated products.
KeyCall® is a patented anti-ligature Fire Alarm and Access Control call point. It is designed to use the same key as the doors, providing simple operation for staff whilst eliminating nuisance activations by service-users.
KeyCall® has been developed by Fixfire® specifically for approved applications where standard versions would be vulnerable to abuse.
It is one of the best solutions for SEN schools and it is also compatible with a wide range of Conventional and Addressable Fire Alarm Systems.
Freephone 08000 891999