We wanted to provide information regarding the steps we are currently taking to protect our customers and staff and our plans for the coming weeks.
Ensuring the essential continued safety and compliance of our customers and premises in these worrying times is of paramount importance.
We are closely following 'Department of Health' guidelines and monitoring communications issued by the government and Public Health England.
Visiting your premises
When our staff members are visiting your premises to carry out maintenance and work to the Life Safety Equipment, they will refrain from making physical contact. Please do not be offended if someone from our company refuses to shake hands with you. They are taking sensible precautions and are adhering to our current ‘handshake ban’.
Should you have your own precautionary measures you would like us to adhere to, please bring these to our attention and our staff will do their upmost to work within your guidelines.
Further to this, our staff follow our own current guidelines by:
- Washing hands often with soap and water, should this not be available for any reason they will use alcohol-based hand sanitiser
- Wearing nitrile gloves where it is deemed appropriate to do so, changing for each site they attend.
- Carrying tissues to shield coughs and sneezes, following the recommended CATCH IT, BIN IT, KILL IT policy
- Carrying out a daily sanitary cleanse of:
- the ‘touch points’ on their vehicle, such as steering wheel, handbrake, gear knob indicators and door handles
- their work equipment such as mobile phones (both business and personal), multi-meters, handheld scales and drills
- All staff will maintain 1 metre (3 feet) between themselves and anyone who is coughing or sneezing.
- All staff will refrain from touching their eyes, mouth or nose.
In order to protect our staff and to help maintain our ability to continue providing essential services, we have instigated the following:
- Before visiting site, we may enquire if there have been any confirmed cases of Covid-19 either on your premises or within your workforce or service users, allowing us the opportunity to carry out a risk assessment.
- Screening of visitors to Fixfire premises in Coventry and Shepshed
- Continuous consultation with staff with regard to the responsibilities of personal health and self-isolation where directed
- Cancellation of all non-critical meetings both internal and external
We continue to monitor the situation and will update our policy accordingly.
May we take this opportunity to thank you for your understanding and continued co-operation. Please do not hesitate to contact us should you wish to discuss anything further.