Fixfire® is a leading independent family business specialising in Life and Property Protection systems and equipment. A trusted brand, we are renowned for delivering proven, quality and innovative solutions. Committed to being our customers’ “best alliance for compliance™” the foundational principles of honesty and integrity that guided our steps when the company started in 1976 firmly remain as core values at the heart of our ethos.
With a head office in Coventry and a branch office in Loughborough we serve an established customer base installing and maintaining Fire Alarm, Emergency Lighting, CCTV, Access Control, Nurse Call and Fire Extinguishers.
We are now looking for a part-time Administrative Support professional to join our Service Delivery Team. The role will be office-based, at our premises in Coventry though there may be a need to work from home if required.
About the Admin Support Role:
This position requires a self-starter who is conscientious, professional, and can integrate well across multiple personalities in the team. It is a pivotal appointment for the business and therefore the ability to be adaptable, well organised and able to manage large workloads at times is essential.
- Provide administrative support to the Service Delivery team.
- Process Engineer reports; check and rectify errors, ensure recorded times are accurate, parts are correctly allocated, identify further work required and action accordingly.
- Raise and submit customer invoices, ensuring correct rates are applied and use judgment to assess if any concessions should be made to ensure fair and accurate charges to our customers.
- Assist with raising quotations for remedial work and support the Compliance team as necessary.
- Process Fire Risk Assessments.
- Raise PPM and reactive jobs in Service Management systems and track and report on their progress.
- Schedule service visits for engineers.
- Answer incoming telephone calls in a professional manner, respond to incoming emails and assist with monitoring of the Service email inbox.
- Be open to continuous improvement within the role, simplifying the process to maximise efficiencies.
- Communicate clearly and courteously with customers, suppliers and colleagues at all times.
- Maintain accurate database and associated records, filing paperwork as required.
- Provide support to other departments.
- Other duties as directed.
This is a part-time, permanent position of 27.5 hours a week. There is some flexibility for the post holder as long as the hours are worked between 7:30am and 5pm and you are available at appropriate times to support the requirements of the business.
About the Successful Administrative Support Candidate:
Key skills required:
- 2+ years’ experience in a similar role.
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to consistently maintain a high level of accuracy.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- A strong team player with a positive can-do approach and the capacity to proactively work with others to achieve a goal.
The ideal candidate will uphold our company values and have:
- A proactive outlook and willingness to learn.
- Exceptional organisational skills.
- A positive attitude, happy to help with a wide variety of tasks to support the team.
- Good level of computer literacy, particularly with Excel, Outlook and Word.